Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i think it's a wee bit of a mistake watching this particular episode of grey's before i sleep because i just know it'll be weighing heavy on my mind...

anyone who follows it, though not necessarily as religiously as me or ming, will know that one episode is cobbled together from a few sub-plots. now the one that will give my tear ducts a good workout soon is one involving this geriatric couple. wife is lying lifelessly while husband looks on helpless. soon she flat-lines and meets her maker but the husband starts trying to resuscitate her and keeps saying, "stay with me....".

i can't imagine being in the husband's position, losing my partner before my eyes, desperately trying to make him hang on, if not for himself, then for me. who can ever fathom that pain? it would be different from losing a parent or a friend and perhaps to say it'll be like losing a limb or half of you would still be undermining it too much...

as to where i'm going to find that partner....well good luck to me!

damn it, where are those endorphins that are supposed to overwhelm you after a good workout like i just had??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home