Monday, October 06, 2008

i think i can safely say my favourite place in sg is the changi departure lounge.

it is the very picture of freedom and nothing makes me happier than being seated there, still on familiar terra firma, but not for much longer before everyone is herded like cattle to be airborne in metal. and annoyingly, not much longer before i have to step up on my vigilance on my belongings and myself, also indubitably bristling at the faintest trace of a singaporean accent my ears catch because like cockroaches, we're everywhere.

for the longest time, i've always been perversely thrilled with the thought that once i land on foreign soil, i can tear up the covetable [well, to some at least] red passport and disappear into the throngs of people, whether they speak my languages or not. i can discard all traces of my identity and as i affect an air of nonchalance whilst weaving in and out of the crowds, i can begin the adoption process of a new one. definitely not a tourist, no. a language student perhaps, and if i fancy, the no-speak-engrish type. or maybe eager young intern on the brink of adulthood or even possibly a confident expatriate milking the country for its worth. or callgirl. or heiress. or MI6 spy. the possibilities are just endless and intoxicating.

16 days to losing myself in cambodia.

happy monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home