Monday, January 19, 2009

for sam the blog tyrant and because i'm procrastinating doing school work.

1. What’s your #1 comfort food?

Anything that is 99% carbs. or cheese.

2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you?

Cheese.

3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for?)

Let me answer this on behalf of my long-suffering boyfriend - chicken always 'done the same'. Just don't ask me what is 'done the same'. It's only for the very privileged.

4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for…

If i'm alone, cheese fondue without hesitation.

5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food?

Piling vulgar mountains of cheese on everything possible.

6. What food can you absolutely not eat?

Rodents, insects, some reptiles, dogs, cats and prawns. oh and geoduck. what's that? google it. you won't be disappointed.

7. You need a drink. You grab a….

a bracing pot of tea. Earl Grey, steeped just so. Brown sugar.

8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had?

Like the tyrant said, nothing to do with price. It is a tie between waking up to nutella toast in bed [brown bread next time please, thanks] and cooking carbs like potatoes or pasta in the middle of the night for myself in the past.

9. What’s your favorite type of food?

Western, followed closely by Jap or Korean.

10. Favorite dish?

Hmm... you mean at gunpoint? Pasta, hands down. With mountains of grated parmesan.

11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be?

To be cliched, Fat Duck in California or El Bulli in Spain. To be cheesy, anywhere with low, flattering candlelight, preferably not in sg, but has to come with great conversation and waitstaff who know how to appear and disappear at the right times.

12. Are you a soup or salad person?

Soup, no doubt.

13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant?

A really great, quality buffet. Because i'm greedy and i'm Singaporean! A very dangerous combination for buffet restaurants all over the world.

14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made?

Ask again when I have the mood and luxury of time to create one.

15. Do you consider yourself a good cook?

If you ask me, I think I might as well be a top graduate from Le Cordon Bleu. If you ask my boyfriend, he would roll on the floor laughing. My friends, I think they are lucky enough to not have sampled too much so as to still allow me to contribute dishes.

16. Do you know what vichyssoise is?

Yes. Because I love to read food blogs. No I don't want to share which ones I read.

17. Who’s your favorite TV cook?

Anthony Bourdain - because he's a sexy old gangster who has the most entertaining books. Otherwise, Jamie Oliver - because he has the cutest lisp and his haphazard way of cooking is totally reflective of mine.

18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities?

Nigella Lawson, Martin Yan, Gordon Ramsay.

19. Homemade or homemade from a box?

Homemade.

20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag.

I will be nice and not coerce anyone to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home